Dortmund Issue Update On Sebastian Haller’s Cancer Surgery. Sebastian Haller underwent successful surgery to remove a tumour, according to Sebastian Kehl, the director of Borussia Dortmund.
This summer, the Ivorian sensation made the transfer from Ajax to Dortmund. However, shortly after joining the team, he received a testicular cancer diagnosis.
“The operation went very, very well and he is on the right track,” Kehl told 1&1.
“He was super stable and incredibly positive and also said to the team: ‘Do your job, give everything. Make sure that when I come back we’re still in the running.’ And the boys will do that too.”
It has not been decided when the forward will be able to feature for the Bundesliga team, but Kehl admitted: “He will definitely be out for a few months.”
Sebastian Kehl on Sebastien Haller's state of health: “Sebastien had a successful operation last week. The findings are still ongoing. The path of therapy will now be discussed. We will certainly miss him for a few months.” pic.twitter.com/1HgO5cNz2h
— ari (@aritrabvb1909) July 27, 2022
Dortmund signed Haller to replace Erling Haaland, who left to join Manchester City. Kehl says that the club will look at other options as Haller prepares to be sidelined for an extended period of time.
“We are preparing for different scenarios,” he said. “Edin, [CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke] and I are talking to the scouting department and working on different options and ideas. Nothing concrete at the moment.”
He added: “Nevertheless, Haller is missing the profile. We’re working on different options. But we’ll only do something if it makes sense in the end.”