Wolves Manager Reacts To Arsenal Interest In Pedro Neto. According to a report this week from The Athletic, Neto is Arsenal‘s preferred choice to fill Pepe’s spot if the Ivorian’s loan move to Nice in France is approved. The article also stated that the club and Neto’s agent, Jorge Mendes, had already held negotiations over a month prior.
Lage is unsurprised by the report, but the coach insists that no offer has emerged for Neto.
“I have heard that, but nothing has come to us,” Lage said after Wolves’ 2-1 EFL Cup second-round win over Preston on Tuesday.
“It’s normal now, with the good players that we have. Teams are looking for good players in the same way we are looking for [Goncalo] Guedes, Matheus [Nunes], [Nathan] Collins. No one told me anything about any proposal.”
Bruno Lage on Arsenal interest in Pedro Neto: "I heard about that, but nothing has come to us. It's normal to have this interest – but no one told me nothing about any proposals, so I cannot confirm nothing". 🚨🟠 #AFC #WWFC
Arsenal are focused on Nicolas Pépé departure now. pic.twitter.com/wCvfjkUrWN
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) August 23, 2022
Neto has a contract with Wolves until June 2027, having signed a new long-term agreement with the Premier League club in March. The 22-year-old Portuguese is presently training for Newcastle’s league fixture on Sunday.